Tuesday, April 20, 2004

Although I'm not a big fan of basketball, and I detest the NBA, I would like to see the Minnesota Timberwolves go all the way. KG is an amazing player. He definitely deserves the MVP. And with Latrell Spreewell, Sam Cassell, and Michael Olowokandi joining Wally Szczerbiak as the supporting cast, they have the skill to not only get out of the first round of the playoffs, but to go all the way to the Finals. And win.

I watched "The Breakfast Club" the other night. Is this what passed for a great movie 20 years ago? I wasn't impressed. The romantic ties between Judd Nelson and Molly Ringwald and Emilio Estevez and Ally Sheedy seemed tacked on at the end (although the latter was a little more believable). The conversation between Mr. Vernon the Principal and Carl the Janitor could have been extended more. I guess the movie wasn't that bad, but it wasn't that good either.

Ever see that Nike commercial where Lance Armstrong is a boxer and Andre Agassi is playing for the Boston Red Sox? I want to know how they did that!! It looked so realistic. Randy Johnson bowling that strike. Marion Jones hitting her vault. And they should make a sequel to that commercial. My suggestions: an MLB star and an NBA star as an NFL quarterback and wide receiver, a hockey player on the golf course (most hockey players ARE good golfers), Tiger Woods trying a few different sports. I'm just throwing out ideas here.

OK, those Weezer lyrics from Pinkerton:
-- "I think I'd be good for you and you'd be good for me" - El Scorcho
-- "How stupid is it?/I can't talk about it/I gotta sing about it/and make a record of my heart" - El Scorcho
-- "For all I know you want me too/and maybe you just don't know what to do/or maybe you're scared to say/'I'm falling for you'" - El Scorcho
-- "I'll bring home the turkey if you bring home the bacon." - El Scorcho (notice a pattern yet?)
-- "If everyone's a little queer/can't she be a little straight?" - Pink Triangle
-- "Screw this crap, I've had it!" - The Good Life

That's 9 so far by my count. The Green Album is on deck.
All page content ©PFritz21.NET 2004-2010