Sunday, May 9, 2004

I hate Internet Ads. I don't like banners, but I've learned to live with them. Same goes for pop up ads. It's the two newest methods of delivery that piss me off. First, there are the "Pop Over" ads. They're flash animations that show up on top of the contest you're trying to view. WTF? If you want to advertise on a web site, put it out of the way. Don't put it where I'm trying to read. And those ads make you hunt for the Close button. Then there are the newest ads that insert a little video clip. Goddamn it. When one of those appears and the sound starts playing, it gives me a freakin' heart attack. They suck ass.

You seen the previews for this movie "The Terminal"? Is anyone else thinking "Forrest Gump 2"? Instead of being mentally slow, Tom Hanks is inhibited by a language barrier. But he still manages to find happiness. Seems like a good movie, but I dunno...

Turn on ESPN2 Saturday and Sunday nights for Sportscenter en Espanol. It's fun to watch the anchors rattle off in Spanish during the highlights of a baseball game, then having to slow down when they come to a totally normal American name. And the commercials are in Spanish too!! Sweet.

OK, here's my beef with Quidditch. No substitutes. Your team has 7 people, and that's it. You lose one of your players, you're screwed. You have to scramble for a replacement, someone who hasn't been practicing or is prepared. Like asking a random guy in the stands to pinch-run if one of your batters is beaned with a pitch and has to be taken out on a stretcher. And wizards and witches have been playing this game for centuries. You'd think that they were smart enough to account for this.

If you have no idea what I was talking about in that last paragraph, just nod your head, smile, and move on to the next one.

I'm so ready to rip into what's wrong with my place of work, but I'll wait until I don't work there anymore before I do.

Other things to look for: My ULTIMATE Star Trek crew. I'm such a dork. :P

Hi mom!!

Crap, I forgot what I was going to say... Ah, screw it.

Oh, I remember now! I'm thinking of creating a public, group blog. One where you guys can also post stuff. I'll call it "Friends of Fritz". Send me an e-mail if you're interested. pjfritz21@yahoo.com

No comments:

All page content ©PFritz21.NET 2004-2010