Thursday, June 17, 2004

Does anyone else want a "Marvel" soundtrack? Let's take a look on the list of movies based on Marvel Comics in the past few years: X-Men 1 and 2, Spider-Man 1 and 2, The Hulk, Daredevil, The Punisher. There's going to be another Spider-Man and X-Men movie, plus an Iron Man movie and a Fantastic Four movie. There were so many great songs on the Daredevil Soundtrack. The Punisher has the Seether song (the one with Amy Lee). Spider-Man had some good tracks too. Toss in some of the best musical scores, and you've got a record that could sell at least 5 million copies.

Target is superior to Wal-Mart in every way, except the electronics department. Wal-Mart has it closed off, self-contained, and very organized. Other than that, Target is way better.

I got a -4 (4 under par) playing Frisbee Golf yesterday. I got birdie on 1, 3, 6, and 12. The conditions were perfect. The air temperature was in the 65-70 range. Some cloud cover. Barely any mosquitoes. The ground was just wet enough so that the discs would die when they hit the ground instead of rolling forever. I had great tee shots, getting exceptional distance on my overhand toss (which, for me, is more accurate and farther than a standard frisbee throw). Every time I did make a less-than-stellar stroke, I was able to recover on the very next shot. And my putting was flawless. My friend Tyler also got a -4. He birdied the last hole, a par 5, to tie me at the end. If we had more time to play, we would have went to a playoff. I think he would have won it. It's probably going to be my best game ever, and I don't think I'll ever play that well again. I had a great time.

I found this great web site on the Internet yesterday. The Brickshelf Library is an online archive of Lego instruction manuals. It's so cool. I can download copies of the manuals I already have, and some that I lost years ago. The scan quality is good, but not great. Very readable, but inconsistent (various Lego fans scan and submit the manuals themselves). The best part is that I don't have to do it. Someone else has already done it for me.

I'm willing to bet that over 98% of Americans don't know the words to their respective state song. Which is why they should play "Know Your State Song Lyrics" on Letterman. Or go Jaywalking and ask people at Universal Studios in Hollywood. Possibly even hand out $100 bills to people who DO know the words. I think it would be a good sketch for a late night talk show.

Yes, even better than "Conan O'Brien Hates My Homeland".

Silly Finland...

No comments:

All page content ©PFritz21.NET 2004-2010