Saturday, September 25, 2004

The force is with me

An assortment of comments, now that I have watched the new "Star Wars" Trilogy DVD Box Set...

1. That CGI Jabba that appears at the Mos Eisley Space Port? Utter crap. It looked so bad. The puppet would have better.

1a. Is it just me, or was that scene unnecessary? Han says the same stuff he told Greedo. Word for word.

2. First time I watched "The Empire Strikes Back" start to finish.

2a. Now I know how the gang got from Point A (Cloud City) to Point B (Tatooine).

3. Placing Hadyen Christensan with the Jedi Masters in the final scene of "Return of the Jedi". Why? There was nothing wrong with that scene. No reason to place him in there. Besides, the "real" Anakin was much more believable. That's who I expect him to look like if he never became Darth Vader. Not the boy he once was. The man he would have been.

4. How long is the time period of the trilogy from start to finish? From the kidnapping of Leia to the final battle over Endor and subsequent celebration. Weeks doesn't seem long enough. Years too long. I like months. But how many? Does this bother anyone else?

5. The Galactic Empire DID NOT use contractors to build the Death Star. Certainly not the second one. They built it themselves. I refer to this exchange between Moff Jerjerrod and Darth Vader:

Moff Jerjerrod: Lord Vader, this is an unexpected pleasure. We are honored by your presence...
Darth Vader: You may dispense with the pleasantries, Commander. I'm here to put you back on schedule.
Moff Jerjerrod: I assure you, Lord Vader. My men are working as fast as they can.
Darth Vader: Perhaps I can find new ways to motivate them.
Moff Jerjerrod: I tell you, this station will be operational as planned.
Darth Vader: The Emperor does not share your optimistic appraisal of the situation.
Moff Jerjerrod: But, he asks the impossible. I need more men.
Darth Vader: Then perhaps you can tell him when he arrives.
Moff Jerjerrod: The Emperor's coming here?
Darth Vader: That is correct, Commander. And, he is most displeased with your apparent lack of progress.
Moff Jerjerrod: We shall double our efforts.
Darth Vader: I hope so, Commander, for your sake. The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am.

This strongly suggests that the Empire is not using an outside source to construct the massive space station. They MAY have contracted people to build seperate components, and some of those people MAY have been on the Death Star when it was destroyed, but their numbers were maybe one to two hundred, and not thousands.

6. OK, let's assume that C-3PO is gay. Why would Anakin Skywalker build a gay robot? What advantage does a gay robot have over a straight one? And at 9, a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away, did he even know what homosexuality is?

No comments:

All page content ©PFritz21.NET 2004-2010