Wednesday, December 26, 2007

You're a mean one, Mr. Grinch...

I hate Christmas. Thank god it's almost over.

From the constant Christmas-themed craptastic marathons to the crazy busy stores to the unnecessarily cheery people... I just can't stand it. I wish everyone would treat it like it was any other day and not make a big deal about it.

Not to mention that it totally fucks with my birthday (the 29th). NO ONE is ever around to come celebrate with me. Thanks mom, thanks dad. I hope that tax break was worth the pain and suffering you've caused me for the past 27 years, and the next 50 as well.

That being said, there are a few things I DO like about Christmas.

1. Carol of the Bells - What other Christmas carol could be described as intense? Those Eastern Europeans sure do know how to write a catchy little ditty.
2. Santa hats - Almost all hats are cool. Unless they have a white "NY" logo on them. If only Target would have had them in stock.
3. Time off from work. I get two days for Christmas. Unfortunately, almost all other John Deere factories and offices are closed for the entire week.
4. Bonus money. Got $2400 this year. Then Uncle Sam decided that I needed to get him a birthday present. Spend it wisely... oh wait, I forgot, the Democrats are in Congress. That ain't gonna happen.

Even in this joyous season, I can find plenty to complain about. Maybe I should start celebrating Festivus instead. I already got the Airing of Grievances down. Just have to pin Frank for the Feats of Strength...

No comments:

All page content ©PFritz21.NET 2004-2010