Monday, July 12, 2004

Mother Nature can be such a bitch

I hate storms. Specifically, severe thunderstorms and tornadoes. The Fargo area has had some nasty weather since about 8 PM on Saturday. Heavy rain, hail, lightning, thunder.

Saturday evening, I tried to drive home in it. I only had 3 miles to go from Applebee's to my house, but it seemed like it took forever. I didn't go any faster than 25. Then, at the intersection of 13th Ave South and 38th Street, a van was going east on the westbound lanes. And he wanted to turn left (probably to get into the correct lanes of the divided avenue). I would have changed to a different lane if there weren't two very large semi-trucks in the lane to my right. As soon as those trucks progressed to a point where I could pull behind them, the van finally got into the correct eastbound side of the street. Shortly after that, the hail started coming down. I couldn't see it with all the rain, so I had no idea how big it was. But I knew it was hitting my car. I didn't want a large piece to come through my windshield and cause me to get into a fatal accident. As I was coming down 45th Street, my car started hydroplaning. Not fun. I was worried I'd lose control. Lastly, on my way over the interstate, a truck on my right sped up and splashed so much water on my windshield. I couldn't see nothing. I slowed down, but didn't want to get hit from behind either. I don't ever wanna drive in that crap again.

Anywho, my previous point. I hate storms. They bring so much uncertainty. I don't know where it's going to go or what it's going to do. And I have no control over the situation. I'm at the mercy of God and Mother Nature. Like waiting for a jury to reach a verdict and sentence you (if applicable) when you're on trial for a felony. I just have to sit and wait it out.

No comments:

All page content ©PFritz21.NET 2004-2010