Monday, February 21, 2005

Lazy piece of crap

One of the many (and probably biggest) reasons for the lack of blog posts is my job. I spend all day sitting in front of computers, doing mundane tasks, sending and receiving e-mails, typing stuff up. When I get home at the end of the day, I want to sit on my ass in front of the TV until it's time for bed. Sure, I'll take care of some chores around the house and make some dinner. But, I'm not sitting down at my computer and working on my web site or programming projects or blog posts.

Now, my blog isn't the only thing suffering. I've got baseball cards to sort through. Stuff to get ready to sell on eBay. Legos to play with. Video games to beat. All these tasks involve running off to my computer. Which is in the other room. Not like in college, when everything I needed was less than 20 feet away. Now, it's about double that, and I'm not motivated enough to do anything about it.

And three nights out of the week, I'm not home. Hockey late Monday nights. Billiards at the bar on Wednesdays. D&D with Dave, Dave, and Chuck on Thursdays. I'm not home long enough to sit and devote 15 minutes to writing blog posts. So screw it. I could use the weekends, but there's definitely got to be something going on in Fargo. Who wants to sit at home on Saturday night typing on their computers?

Lastly, I've got so much I have to or want to write about. Topics like my love/hate relationship with cheesy bread. Idiot drivers in Fargo. Political stuff. That cute new teller at the bank. D&D adventures. Pros and cons of Canada becoming the 51st state. I should sit down to write it down, but I can't decide what I want to write about, if anything.

So, I continue to sit and watch TV. Between Stargate SG-1 and CSI, I'm not going to get much done. My name is Paul, and I'm a lazy piece of crap.

No comments:

All page content ©PFritz21.NET 2004-2010