Sunday, October 28, 2007

Upgrade my ass

Who would ever consider purchasing and installing an operating system upgrade? It's quite possibly the dumbest thing any person on this earth could do.

I'm not just talking about Windows upgrades either. Appearently, Mac users trying to upgrade from Tiger to Leopard are running into the same issues. And I don't recommend upgrading the kernel for your flavor of Linux either. I had graphics issues with my nVidia card a few years back after upgrading my kernel in Fedora Core 3.

If you're going to a new version of your OS, you're going to be better off replacing the hard drive or maybe even getting a new computer. I know that's a bit extreme, but consider the price of new hardware vs. the price of your data, should you lose it.

And always, always, ALWAYS, back up your data before upgrading. I can't stress that enough.

No comments:

All page content ©PFritz21.NET 2004-2010