Saturday, July 11, 2009

Do you have the time...

..to listen to me whine?

Went to the Green Day concert last night with my friends Greg and Jen. It was excellent!! Well worth the $62. I gave it a 9 out of 10.

My only complaint was that they didn't play When I Come Around. They played Basket Case, Longview, and She from Dookie. The played my favorite song, Hitchin' a Ride (which I was not expecting). They played a bunch of songs from their new album, 21st Century Breakdown (it's why they're on tour in the first place). But how could they not play the song that helped them break through in the mid-90's? I just don't get it.

Other than that, it was a great show. Billie Joe in a helluva entertainer and stage presence. Dropping F-bombs and acting more like he's 17, not 37. Tre Cool zooming around the Fargodome before the show on a motor bike. And Mike Dirnt tearing it up on bass guitar. I can't wait for the next one.

And they're from Fargo!! Who knew?! That's awesome to have them back home again!

Hey, anyone wanna go to Minneapolis tonight? Green Day's at the Target Center, and tickets are still on sale...

No comments:

All page content ©PFritz21.NET 2004-2010