Monday, July 25, 2005

The Holy Trinity

It's probably the best thing to come out of the Apple-Intel announcement. The Holy Trinity of operating systems. Mac OS X, Windows, and Linux. All installed on a single machine. Trial-boot, triad-boot, whatever the "3" version of the word "dual" is. One of the biggest reasons I'd buy an Intel-powered Mac.

Well, someone has already done it. Ross Carlson and Joel Wampler setup a Mactel with OS X Intel, Win XP SP2, and CentOS 4.

Now, I'd prefer FC4 as my Linux. Appearantly they had problems with it. And I'm fully confident that the Fedora team will have that one figured out by the time Intel Macs are available to the public.

These are the types of things that made me fall in love with computers in the first place.

No comments:

All page content ©PFritz21.NET 2004-2010