Sunday, October 4, 2026


I meant to post this on Friday, in memory of person who did the best cover of Kim Wilde's "Kids in America". I wrote it a long time ago but never posted it anywhere until now...

Today (10/2/19) is a sad day for rock and roll. Kim Shattuck, bassist and lead singer for The Muffs, passed away...

I’m sure a number of you may be wondering “Who?” And I’ll tell you.

Ever watch “Clueless”? Recall the punk rock cover of “Kids in America” at the beginning of the film? That was recorded by The Muffs. And Kim screamed out some amazing vocals. That cover was so awesome it appeared again in “Rock Band 2”.

I know who should record a new cover of it, and I'd be willing to produce it (by throwing some money at them), if they'd be willing to do it. My friends in Tampa, Kelly Ogden and Luis Cabezas, of the Dollyrots. Kelly would totally match Ms. Shattuck's vocals. Hopefully, then do it one day, in tribute to Kim, who had ALS...

No comments:

All page content ©PFritz21.NET 2004-2010